Helping you overcome this ordeal to make your property as good as it was before.
Watching your property catch fire, home or business, can traumatize you and leave you clueless. Even a well-contained, small fire can have smoke damage and a soot smell that is difficult to get rid of.
While you are still immersed in the incident, a prompt fire and smoke restoration are required to halt the financial and emotional struggles caused by a fire. Unless you have faced this before, it’s difficult to figure out where to start from.
During these tough times, fire damage restoration services like ours can come in handy. With years of experience and trained professionals, we can help you with fire damage restoration for home or business, to make it as good as it was before.
Fire & Smoke Damage
The damage is not caused just by the fire, but a mixture of heat, smoke, and soot. All of them can cause different issues and must be remedied accordingly.
- Damage caused by heat: This type of damage is caused by heat from the fire. It may affect your wires, carpet, roof, drywall, and plumbing fixtures.
- Damage caused by fire: It can destroy your belongings, burn your appliances, and damage your furniture.
- Damage by smoke: Smoke from the fire can affect your ceiling and leave a noticeable smell.
Damage caused by all the three factors depends on the intensity of the fire.
Fire Restoration and Repair
So, what is fire damage restoration?
The initial 24 – 48 hours are critical after fire damage and are known as the “golden hours”. Emergency response will ensure quick stabilization and recovery of property.
Furthermore, smoke and acidic soot damage caused by fire hasten the corrosion and deterioration of property components. To add to this, the damage is also caused by water and dry chemicals used to extinguish the fire.
Damage restoration services include all the steps that help to halt the damage caused by fire and remedy the devastation.
What do we offer?
At Water Damage Marietta Pros, we understand the urgency with which things need to be handled. Our team of experts will reach within an hour, with specialized equipment, to protect and restore your property as good as it was before.
Our Emergency Response Team is IICRC-certified. They will try to minimize the damage to the property and contents inside.
Water Damage Marietta Pros restoration services include:
- Property Assessment
- Emergency Repairs
- Water Extraction and Drying
- Soot Removal & Cleaning
- Reconstruction and Repairs
Our 24/7 emergency services are always there for you. Call us and our emergency executives will help you immediately!
How Do We Do It?
Our Emergency Response Team will reach the location and start with property assessment.
- Completely burned areas require their removal.
- They will inspect your property including wood, flooring, furniture, drywall, and fixtures.
- Disposal of all your things damaged by fire.
We will also communicate our assessment with your insurance company.
To mitigate the damage, our team will initiate temporary repairs.
- Broken windows and damaged parts will be secured.
- Inspect air ducts and replace them if required.
- We will also secure all your content. We pack up the personal property (with accurate documentation and numbering) to prevent them from further damage.
Water Damage Marietta Pros has expertise in siding and roofing repair, interior restoration, and restoration of your contents.
Water Extraction and Drying
The next step is extracting water and drying it with the drying equipment. Once it is done, we run a quick check again to confirm its removal.
Soot Removal & Cleaning
- With advanced techniques and equipment, our experts will clean walls, woodwork, carpet, and ceiling spoiled by smoke and soot.
- They will also inspect the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system and clean them.
- Next up is deodorization to get rid of the smell of smoke and soot.
Reconstruction and Repairs
Once all the steps are done, we initiate the reconstruction and repairs.
We will work with your insurance company at an emergency response. Our team will ensure that restoration from clean-up to complete reconstruction to get your home back to the pre-fire loss condition.
Dos and Don’ts After the Fire
Open your windows to improve ventilation.
- Rub oil or petroleum jelly on metal surfaces to avoid their
- Wipe down bath fixtures, appliances, and countertops with cleaner. This will help to prevent stain.
- Dispose of canned goods and foods exposed to heat.
- Keep your hands clean to prevent further accumulation of soot particles on your carpets and upholstery.
- Empty refrigerator and freezer if electricity is off.
- Double layers of cheesecloth to be tapped over air registers.
- Clean all leaves of household plants on both sides.
- Ceilings, walls, and other porous materials should not be washed.
- Do not try to clean electrical appliances that were close to water, heat, or fire.
- Avoid turning on the ceiling fixtures in case it is wet.
If you are not sure about anything, it is recommended to call us before doing it.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to remove smoke smell from fire damage?
You can sprinkle baking soda and allow it to sit for 24 hours. Baking soda absorbs the smell. Later, you can vacuum the baking soda to prevent the smoke particles from getting to the surface. Alternatively, you can also steam clean them.
How long should I wait to clean after fire damage?
It is important to initiate the drying as soon as possible. This will prevent mold because of excess moisture and also structural problems.
How long does it take to repair fire damage?
It depends on the intensity of fire and damage caused by it. It is understandable that you want to get things back to normal as quickly as possible. But, carrying out restoration correctly is more important as it may make things worse if not done so.